Re: [avr-gcc-list] Where is the "official" site to download avr-gcc sour

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Where is the "official" site to download avr-gcc source?
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 21:54:42 -0600

On 2 May 2004 at 11:05, Dave Comer wrote:

> My apologies in advance if this is obvious to you; I've searched through
> Source Forge, AVR-Freaks and am not certain where the "official" site is to
> obtain the source code to avr-gcc. I'd like to compile avr-gcc on both
> Linux and Windows with the eventual goal of understanding the process for
> my edification. Can someone tell me where the "official site is to download
> the code to compile on both platforms? Also, is there a good reference for
> GCC internals (I know the GNU main site has documentation, I'm looking for
> tips on third party references similar to the book by Kurt Wall, "The
> Definitive Guide to GCC", Apress that deals more with the internal GCC
> architecture.

Remeber, this is just GCC that is built for the AVR target. Go to the official
GCC web site for
your information:
<http://gcc.gnu.org/>

As to the internals, the GCC web site has an "GCC Internals manual". It's
probably about as
official as you'll get. :-) If you want books by other authors, perhaps you
could search Amazon,
et al.