RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Programming in Cygwin (WinXP) under uisp

From: Al Williams
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Programming in Cygwin (WinXP) under uisp
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:42:16 -0500

One problem I have had is that my PCI LPT board has an odd address (0xB400).
It is easy enough to modify the source code for UISP to not check the base
address specified.

In DAPA.C:

#if 0
    if (parport_base!=0x278 && parport_base!=0x378 && parport_base!=0x3bc) {
      /* TODO: option to override this if you really know
         what you're doing (only if running as root).  */
      throw Error_Device("Bad device address.");
    }
#endif

I added the #if, but it really should be done smarter (as alluded to in the
TODO comment) :-) But for my purposes, quick and it works. Command line
like:

uisp -dprog=xil -dlpt=0xb400 --erase .....

Regards,

Al Williams
AWC
http://www.awce.com