Re: [avr-gcc-list] SimulAVR - Interrupts and display copro

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] SimulAVR - Interrupts and display copro
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:05:02 +0200

Pat Deegan wrote:

> Greets,
>
> I've got three questions related to using simulavr + avr-gdb.
>
> This may be a faq but I couldn't locate an answer: is there a way to
> simulate an interrupt (timer overflow or uart receive, etc.) while
> debugging with gdb+simulavr?

I have a rewritten version of simulavr which also simulates interrupts
and could
connect pins to external logic like other uart or manual switches or
something else.
Also multiple avr cores are connectable.
The pin to pin connection could also be done over an unix socket, so it
is easy to
connect any other program there like a tcl shell with a simple gui for
switches and
lcd display and other things. But currently only a uart is simulated not
the uSart.
SPI and timers, uart, io-pin-interrupts and some more is simulated now.

If needed I could send you a working copy (not a stable release).

Bye
        Klaus