[avr-gcc-list] How to debug AT90S8515/ATmega8515?

From: Günter Dannoritzer
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] How to debug AT90S8515/ATmega8515?
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:53:43 +0200

Hi,

I have been searching for a way to debug code for the AT90S8515/ATmega8515 using the GNU tool chain.

As those devices don't have a JTAG interface I cannot use the ICE cable and GDB with them. Or is there another way to use GDB with them?

So far I did my debugging with print statements in the code, now I have some issues where I suspect some low memory or stack issues and would like to use a debugger to verify that.

I remember seeing on the Atmel web page an application note about using gcc and creating debug information for AVR Studio, but I did not find it anymore. Did Atmel move away from supporting avr-gcc?

Thanks for the help.

Guenter