Re: [avr-gcc-list] agv-gcc with AVR Studio 4

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] agv-gcc with AVR Studio 4
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 16:27:42 -0700

David Kelly wrote:

Interesting. Which version/build of AVR Studio are you using that has
this icon?

Version 4.09 build 338. I install on F: rather than C: so its at:
F:\Program Files\Atmel\AVR Tools\AvrStudio4\Resources\avrgcc.bmp

Ah, yes, now I remember seeing that too. I'm not quite sure what they're going to use it for. Have you seen the icon? I think the answer should be: 2 monkeys, 1 minute. ;-)
They could use a better artist....

Still, am being tripped by the GUI in not finding a way to load a
precompiled binary into the simulator. The menu items simply will not
un-dim. Can't debug until I can load my binary.

Have you contacted Atmel? Also, you can post on the AVR Freaks website (www.avrfreaks.net). They have an AVR Studio 4 forum there and there are occasional answers from people in Atmel Norway.

That is what I was trying to say. Disk to disk my slow FreeBSD box is 3x
faster than my fast XP box, and XP is another 3x slower when the working
files are on fileserver no matter (or likely because of) the aggressive
local caching/mirroring. And this is with an essentially trivial project
of 4 files which compile to about 1k of binary.
Sheesh. I don't know why performance is so bad. I mean, besides it being a Micro$oft OS....

Does XP have a utility
similar to Unix time(1)? Otherwise my XP timings are only "1-Mississippi
2-Mississippi ..."

Beats the hell out of me. You could always download Cygwin and run it under there with time(1), but then you'd have another layer to go through....

Eric