[avr-gcc-list] RE: Question about programming a ATMEGA128

From: wbounce
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] RE: Question about programming a ATMEGA128
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:26:50 -0500

After reading the datasheet last night, I realize the Port B pin 0 that
I am using for the onboard led has a dual function of SS which is used
during SPI programming.

The program loaded in the chip does  DDRB = 0x01; as the 1st line of
main.

Then it inits the timers, pwm, and uart; prints a welcome message;
delays for 500 ms; then starts a loop that toggles portb pin 0 among
other things.

I am guessing the DDRB statement setting the pins as output and the pull
up registers are pulling it high and this is causing my programming
problem.

How can I reprogram my board? I looked at the AVRdude documentation and
did not see anything obvious to help. I am open to all ideas..

Sorry if you replied to my original post. My list option is digest and I
won't see your responses until tonight. And I can not see the list
online right now because my internet browsing is down even though I have
email.