Re: [avr-gcc-list] COFF/ EXTCOFF: /ccOcaaaa.s not found in symbol table

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] COFF/ EXTCOFF: /ccOcaaaa.s not found in symbol table, ignoring
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:40:08 -0700

Steve Bentley wrote:

Hello Again,

My latest problem is creating a coff and/or extcoff file.

If you are debugging using AVR Studio, then the COFF/Extended COFF files are deprecated.

You should then:
1. Use the latest WinAVR release which can generate ELF files with DWARF2 debugging info. See the WinAVR README file for more details on how to do this. 2. Use AVR Studio 4.10 with the new ELF/DWARF2 parser (in beta), which can read the new output above.

I have heard of pretty good success from other users.

Eric