Re: [avr-gcc-list] high voltage programming for stk500

From: Chris Elmquist
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] high voltage programming for stk500
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:05:43 -0500

On Monday (06/27/2005 at 10:04PM +0200), Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> In article <address@hidden> you write:
>
> >is there any linux tool which is able to program in high
> >voltage/parallel mode with stk500 board? uisp did not support this,
> >right?
>
> Nor does AVRDUDE.  You might try asking on the AVRDUDE mailing list,
> I've got no idea how much work it would be to support it, and/or
> whether someone has ever started to implement that feature.  It would
> be a nice addition anyway.

Indeed it would be...

I recently "fried" a few MEGA8's with an error in my Makefile that
programmed LFUSE and HFUSE to garbage values-- and the result was serial
programming becoming disabled!  Such luck.

So...  I had to dust off a windoz box, load AVRStudio and program the
fuses back to sanity with parallel mode programming on the STK500.

And--  during that exercise, the firmware on the STK500 got upgraded
to 2.1 and now avrdude 4.4.0 doesn't work anymore.  So, now I get to
upgrade that to 5.0 I guess.

It's been a counterproductive few days ;-)

Chris

--
Chris Elmquist   mailto:address@hidden   http://www.pobox.com/~chrise