Re: [avr-gcc-list] makefile for ubuntu

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] makefile for ubuntu
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 03:39:31 +0200

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 12:58 -0700, Cullen Newsom wrote:
> Does anyone want to tell me all the undocumented* tricks to
> getting a working dev environment for avr-gcc on ubuntu with the
> stk200 and either it's programmer, or with avrisp?  Anyone have
> a makefile that might work?

Hi Cullen,

Nice to see an Ubuntu fellow, looks like after a year hard work, they
are starting to spread  :o)

I didn't have much problem getting up to speed with the tool chain, as
avr-libc, binutils-avr, gcc-avr, gdb-avr where all available from the
Ubuntu repository (need to enable 'universe' though), so they are only a
click away in Synaptic (or apt-get at the command line).
Avrdude was not in the repository though, so I had to compile it from
source, which was not straightforward, but wasn't too bad either. I made
a ready to use DEB package if you want, which I compiled on 'Breezy' (to
be released today ! :-), if you are really lazy ;-)

As for the STK200, I don't use it, but most probably (?) avrdude
supports it, just specify it at the command line when firing avrdude.

For the Makefile, David Kelly sent me one that works great, been using
it for a few weeks now, projects has 7 different modules and works a
treat :-) I attached it to this mail as it's small. Just modify it to
suit your particular chip model, and source files, and that's it.

HTH

--
Vince