Re: [avr-gcc-list] Regression tests

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Regression tests
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:59:48 +0100 (MET)

Hi David,

> Hi Claus,
-----K----- :-)

simple check out from the sources and look for the tcl scripts under
examples. There you can see how things can be activated and also
be read out. And also the gdb interface is available via normal
unix socket. So all internal and external events/states could be
set or analysed. You can write your own C/C++/Tcl/Python programs/scripts
which do the check itself. So you have the complete simulated environment
and also the full ability for all tests you need. There is no "generic"
regression test toolset, but I also have never a need for such "generic"
tests.
What I normaly do is to get a bus protocal analysis which is taken
from a 2 wire bus (clk/data) which is monitored and connected to
a lot of simulated controllers. And if the traced protocol is what I expect
nearly all things in all the controllers seems to work fine.
I use it for a model railway control system which uses lots of
avr controllers. I simulate also the behaviour of trains, the
signaling and a lot of other things. If the train arrives at
full simulated endpoint and protocoll tells that no errors occur
and the state of all control elements is in start condition after the run,
all seems to be ok. If this
is true the simulated environment has no failures and should also
work in real conditions and hardware (and it works :-).

Bye
   Klaus

http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25684&highlight=regression