Re: [avr-gcc-list] big string into the ROM

From: drvdrv
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] big string into the ROM
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:05:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
> > (and one more question: is there any way to modify avr-
gcc so that
> > allows compile bigger string and gives only warning and
not error?
> > Then I could decide this warning is important or not.)
>
> How did you declare it?
>
> If you don't declare it correctly then it will be copied
>into RAM at startup
> because the compiler doesn't know it is read only.

I didn't declare it because at the first step I create a _pure_ binary file
from mytext.c and there is only text nothing else (in the .bin file)
The question is:  how colud I tell the avr-objcopy or the linker that this
binary file put into the ROM?

3 könyv = 15+5% kedvezmény!
http://www.bookline.hu/control/news?newsid=351&affiliate=fre3kokar2230