Re: [avr-gcc-list] big string into the ROM

From: drvdrv
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] big string into the ROM
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:58:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hi
of course I did it as you write here but without success (again).

 have never thought that such a simlpe thing can be so difficult.
Finally I found an other solution (if sb interested in): there is a small tool
(http://home.hetnet.nl/~newlife-software/Binex/binex.htm) to convert
bin to hex. So first I convert my text.bin to text.hex (the basic address
can be given) and after I merge this hex file with the code.hex. Of
course in my code I hardcoded the starting address of this string. And
this works!

Thanks all of your effort to help me.
Br
drvdrv

> If you've tried the -T linker option, as Ned suggested,
and you still get
> this problem, you may need to recompile your string file
and put the
> string information into a named section, which you will
need to reference
> in the linker script, too.
>
> Did you create your linker script from the one used by
default?  You can
> get it by typing "avr-ld --verbose > linker.script", and
then you'll have
> to edit the "linker.script" file to remove some junk from
the -ld output.
> Then add the suggestion below in the appropriate place,
and include it by
> modifying your makefile's linker flags to include -
Tlinkder.script

> Keith
>
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, drvdrv wrote:

Rövid és hosszú távú befektetések interneten keresztül! Számlavezetési díj már
125 Ft-tól!
www.klikkbank.hu