Re: [avr-gcc-list] case statement broken in 4.1.2?

From: Henning Paul
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] case statement broken in 4.1.2?
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:42:21 +0100

Am Dienstag, 28. November 2006 08:37 schrieb Henning Paul:
> Using an if construction
> the firmware works perfectly and no warning is produced:
> but if I use a case construction
> the assembler throws a warning:

I reproduced the behaviour (if/else works, but switch/case doesn't)
with GCC 4.0.2, which _doesn't_ throw a warning.

I'm sorry, obviously it isn't GCC's fault.

There are some other issues with AVR-Doper compiled under GCC 4.x
(flashing doesn't work while readbeack does; in HID mode the
devices's descriptor can't be read), I have contacted the author to
clarify this.

I think, I have to revert to GCC 3.4.x. What is the last supported
version, and does a newdevices patch exist for it?

regards
Henning
--
henning paul home:  http://home.arcor.de/henning.paul