Re: [avr-gcc-list] case statement broken in 4.1.2?

From: Henning Paul
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] case statement broken in 4.1.2?
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 08:44:10 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 29. November 2006 20:04 schrieb Eric Weddington:
> When I build 4.1.1 without the m256x patch, and compile my test program, I
> do NOT get these warnings. Put the m256x patch in, same test program, and
> the warnings appear.
>
> It's something to do with m256x patch. I'd like to get this resolved soon
> so we don't have any regressions.

A summary of my observations:

GCC 4.1.2 with m256x patch, switch/case:
      warning during build, firmware unusable
GCC 4.1.2 with m256x patch, if/else:
      no warning, firmware working partially
GCC 4.0.1 without patches, switch/case:
      warning during build, firmware unusable
GCC 4.0.1 without patches, if/else:
      no warning, firmware working partially
GCC 4.1.2 with m256x patch, switch/case + -mno-tablejump:
      no warning, firmware works perfectly, as desired
GCC 3.4.6 with all patches from FreeBSD's avr-gcc-3 port, switch/case:
      no warning, firmware works perfectly, as desired
      - and binary is ~300bytes smaller

regards
Henning