Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRDude serial access problem under WinXP

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRDude serial access problem under WinXP
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 15:21:20 -0300

Hello,

I CAN confirm this bug. However - it is not quite as reported. The output
looks like (sorry the copy/paste between my windows and linux system doesn't
work so this is roughly what it says) when you have a stk500v2 system, but
call avrdude on windows with a stk500 option:

Sending bytes [some bytes]
STK500 Can't find Sync
ser_open.c: Can't open com1. Access denied.

The important thing here is the error occurs AFTER the port has been opened
and some data has been transferred.... so I guess it's an error with how the
STK500 v2 detection is done?

>Sorry, ser_open() just displays what it gets from the underlying
>perating system.  If the operating system tells "access denied", how
>he **** should avrdude know that this was just a joke only?

So maybe for once, it isn't directly Windows' fault ;-)

Regards,

 -Colin