Re: [avr-gcc-list] OS X install

From: Rick Mann
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] OS X install
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:06:18 -0700

On Oct 17, 2007, at 9:46 AM, Dave N6NZ wrote:

OK, a FAQ, I know.

I need to install the avr-gcc tool chain on a MacBook, OS X. Can someone please give me a pointer to the current best-known-method for getting the most up-to-date tool chain on a Mac?

I wrote a simple, semi-automatic script to get the latest, and then build. It seems to work. I've enclosed it. Let me know if you don't get it.

It works for me, but I've never tested it on another machine, so I'm not sure what you'll get. It installs into /usr/local/avr, but that's configurable. You should also adjust the variables in the first part of the file to get the right versions. You also need to have wget installed. I'm not sure if that's installed on OS X by default now or not. In the past, I've had to go get it. You can modify the script (line 65, set "true" to "false") to use curl.

Let me know if you have problems.