Re: [avr-gcc-list] OS X install

From: Francesco Sacchi
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] OS X install
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:11:21 +0200

David Kelly ha scritto:
On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 09:06:39PM +0200, Francesco Sacchi wrote:
Dave N6NZ ha scritto:
OK, a FAQ, I know.

I need to install the avr-gcc tool chain on a MacBook, OS X. Can someone please give me a pointer to the current best-known-method for getting the most up-to-date tool chain on a Mac?
If you want also to take a look at my script:
http://www.develer.com/oss/AvrToolchain

Does not contain the latest versions because it is aligned with latest
WinAVR version.

You include the same patches and tweaks as WinAVR? Much the way Joerg's
FreeBSD port and WinAVR stay in close sync? Several months ago I tried
several MacOS X "ports" of avr-gcc but none supported ATmega 48 and/or
168 (forgot which, or both). I didn't have spare brain CPU cycles to
push out other tasks and properly grok the gcc cross compiling process
so...

Yes, my script includes the very same patches and tweaks WinAVR has.
Only system related patches are not applied (backslash conversion and other things like this).

--
 _|/ Francesco Sacchi - Develer S.r.l., R&D dept.
  |\ http://www.develer.com/