[avr-gcc-list] GCC Testing

From: Andrew Hutchinson
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] GCC Testing
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:53:53 -0500

I found real bug in testing setup.

Now I have correct libc, it is returning from main ok and calling exit.

However, exit and abort are defined is testsuite exit.c as naked function. Yet code tries to place exit code non-existent frame and it crashes stack. This happens mostly when tests have optimisation -O0 (as other levels would tend to remove frame)

I have no idea why we would need them to be naked. They are only used as simulator breakpoints. Likely it was not seen before as simulavr didn't squawk about the bad access.

My code is now:

void
exit (int code); /*__attribute__ ((naked));*/

void
exit(int code)
{
   exit_code = code;
   if (code==0) abort();
   for (;;);
}

void
abort (void); /* __attribute__ ((naked));*/

void
abort (void)
{ application_aborted = 1;
 for (;;);