Re: [avr-gcc-list] testsuite saga continues

From: Andrew Hutchinson
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] testsuite saga continues
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:33:55 -0500

I believe the issue with cc0 is that you would have to create parallel compare expression for all operation that set status. Otherwise, gcc would try and insert redundant compare instructions before every conditional jump. This parallel RTL is likely to mess up other things - like optimization.

So I would not worry about it until some of the other targets have shown it to work effectively. To be honest we don't see to many problems in this code for avr. So the reward is small.

Andy