Re: [avr-gcc-list] Eclipse, avarice, JDB usage?

From: Hayn
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Eclipse, avarice, JDB usage?
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:20:25 +1000

I likewise am using Eclipse (but on windows [sigh]), along with avr-gcc and avrdude. I trialed the AVR-Eclipse plugin some year or two ago and found it very cumbersome for what it provided. I find the eclipse Build Settings dialog very effective for managing project settings by hand. I am also using the doxy plugin (magic for documentation) and the svn plugin (once again magic for version management). All together a fantastic suite of tools that provide me with the most complete and intuitive dev environment I have experienced. However, I am yet to play with the debugging facilities. For embedded dev I tend to produce debug builds that provide debug facilities onboard the target device.

Hayn.

Ruud Vlaming wrote:
Hi DLC,

No one on AVR-chat appears to use avarice, avr-gcc and Eclipse. All are using AVR studio or nothing at all for debugging. SO, my question to this group is. How? Does anyone have any experience using the following nifty tools all together?

I use Eclipse (on linux), and gcc+avrdude as a toolchain.
I never debug (i trace) so i dunno about avarice. I even
never heard of the Eclipse AVR plugin. It seems nice, have
to try it some time.

gr
Ruud.