RE: [avr-gcc-list] Stack usage under heavy inlining

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Stack usage under heavy inlining
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:26:58 -0600

Have him contact me. I have patches from Andy Hutchinson that gets the latest
AVR toolchain working again after IRA. These patches have been tested but have
not yet been committed to the FSF tree.

I would also be interested in the work that he is doing.

> To see why this is hard, consider that
> there may be
> threads, there may be coroutines, there may be reentrant
> and/or nested
> interrupts, etc.

True. I still say that you could make some basic assumptions about a typical
AVR application that removes some of those complexities. The probablity is next
to nil that a typical AVR application will have threads, coroutines, and
reentrant/nested interrupts. There is a greater probability for the latter when
you start going into the xmega series.

Eric