RE: [avr-gcc-list] Stack usage under heavy inlining

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Stack usage under heavy inlining
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:41:28 -0600

That's a pity. But was this tool geared towards Ada only?

There is also "stacktool" written by Dr. John Regehr (CCed) that is for AVR
programs, but mainly geared towards TinyOS/AVR based applications. When this
first came out, I initially had problems getting it to work on a
significantly-sized real-world program. In the end, I never got the tool to
work.

John and I have had a number of conversations since then about the general
problem of doing static analysis on stack usage, and it is a difficult problem
to solve.

Eric Weddington