RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVR LLVM backend?

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVR LLVM backend?
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:11:45 -0700

<snip>
>   considered adding an AVR back end to LLVM?
>
> If the latter, can this be talked about?

Yes, I have been aware of LLVM and I have considered looking into what it would
take to create an AVR backend for that tool.

The problem is that there are so few people right now who volunteer to help on
the AVR GCC toolchain, that it's not worth the time and effort to splinter off
to see if LLVM can produce smaller code for the AVR than GCC.

We need so much help right now on the AVR GCC toolchain, I can't afford the
time and energy to even look into LLVM.

> Warning:  This electronic message together with any
> attachments is confidential. If you receive it in error: (i)
> you must not read, use, disclose, copy or retain it; (ii)
> please contact the sender immediately by reply email and then
> delete the emails.
> The views expressed in this email may not be those of
> Sirtrack. http://www.sirtrack.com

Could you please remove your confidential notice before sending it to a very
public avr-gcc-list mailing list which is also archived?