RE: [avr-gcc-list] On getting an ISR leaner with GCC

From: Parthasaradhi Nayani
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] On getting an ISR leaner with GCC
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:23:28 -0800 (PST)

> If you look in the avr-libc manual under Frequently Asked
> Questions you can find FAQ #3: "How to permanently bind a
> variable to a register".
> That allows you to assign particular registers to variables,
> although care must be used when using the avr-libc library functions.

I had faced a similar situation and some time ago I posted a query
for a similar problem. The manual mentions a single register
binding and in some cases a pointer may (two registers)
may be required for binding and the manual does not talk about
such binding. Now that this topic is being discussed, I was wondering if
I can solve my problem!! Thank you.

P. Nayani