Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Strings: escape sequence to insert arbitrary hex

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Strings: escape sequence to insert arbitrary hex value ?
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 08:16:22 +0100 (MET)

David Kelly <address@hidden> wrote:

> Odds are that is an avr-gcc patch and not standard gcc. Am more certain
> the support of entering binary values is an avr-gcc enhancement because
> I see the patch file in the FreeBSD port.

You're confusing that with binary constants, that are introduced by
the string "0b".  I've eventually been able to convince the GCC folks
to accept that as a general extension, so it's now no longer an
AVR-GCC specific hack but a generic GCC thing.  If they ever come
round to decide about a new C standard, so they can at least no longer
claim "lack of precedent" next time (which they did when someone
requested that feature for the ISO C99 standard).