Re: [avr-gcc-list] memcpy() : problem when passing destination pointer

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] memcpy() : problem when passing destination pointer
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:53:11 +0100

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:22:39 -0600
David Kelly <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am guessing this is one of the situations where looking at the
> disassembled code might explain what the compiler is seeing and
> complaining about.

Yes indeed. Trouble is that said code is produced in a very unreliable
manner :-/ Sometimes half the C functions will show only non-sense
assembly (the same instruction repeated hundreds of times), other times
it will show the C code, only the C code, but not mix the assembly
between the lines. Sometimes it will show what looks like
probable/meaningful assembly, but won't show the C code, so it's
impossible to know what C statement these miles of assembly lines
correspond to.
Ah yes, sometimes, some of the file will show what it's supposed to: C
source with assembly neatly mixed between each C statement.

I have zero idea why this happens. Already posted on avr-gcc years ago
with zero replies, so I gave up.
But sure enough, I would love to have that working !

--
Vince