Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: C vs. assembly performance

From: Georg-Johann Lay
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: C vs. assembly performance
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 18:08:49 +0100

Weddington, Eric schrieb:

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden
org] On Behalf Of Georg-Johann Lay
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 9:00 AM
To: Nicholas Vinen
Cc: address@hidden

Note that this may partially be covered by report 145284 (which I cannot find, maybe Eric has closed/removed it)

Sorry, my mistake. I wrote the patch because I saw gcc 4 making bad code (campared with 3.4.6) and read some bad-optimization reports that address the subject on similar code.

It was not initiated by a specific report. However, several bug reports on "performance regression" will be fixed/get some release by that patch.

> I'm sorry, but on which project?

BTW, is there a reason why there is more than one bug list? I saw a third, but cannot find it again (maybe just a view on the sourceforge list).

http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/bugs.html
http://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?group_id=68108&atid=520074

Georg-Johann