RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: eicall & EIND

From: Dusan Ferbas
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: eicall & EIND
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 22:19:15 +0100

OK, I am not arguing :-).
I am just adding some strength to this issue, because it is not only a problem of impossibility to reach far code,
but problem is also with interrupts, if you manually force eind.

I also asked about info for trampolines. I was not able to google out, neither find in this list. Any advice ?

At 18:34 8.3.2009, Weddington, Eric wrote:
> in June 2008, I discussed here calling a bootloader from an
> application.
> Now, we recognized that this is a common problem with calling
> functions with eicall instruction.

Known issue:
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2028719&group_id=68108&atid=520074>

Dusan