RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: eicall & EIND

From: Stu Bell
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: eicall & EIND
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:26:03 -0600

I practically never use EIND in my code.  This is useful if you intend
to call functions in your bootloader, but otherwise the hassle of
calling functions this way is a pain.  My bootloader is very
plain-vanilla, no interrupts code and does not provide any function to
the main app *except* downloading new app code.  For that one function,
I force the boot procesure to a known location and call it with inline
assembly language from the app.

Check out the following for instructions on handling ISRs and function
pointer targets:

http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?module=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6891
1
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?module=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7038
7

I am using FreeRTOS, so I also place any RTOS functions that may be
called at switch-context time in lower memory.  They are placed in the
linker section .task using the same methods as above.

Best regards,

Stu Bell
DataPlay (DPHI, Inc.)