[avr-gcc-list] when is it safe to use -mtiny-stack

From: sjuid-avr
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] when is it safe to use -mtiny-stack
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 13:29:38 -0700 (PDT)

I have an ATmega3290P app that I am trying to optimize for size.
I find that using the -mtiny-stack option gives me the last bit of size
reduction I need to make it fit.
However, from the one line description of this option I've found, it doesn't
seem right that this option could be used blindly
So, while I'm happy about the code size, I have a sneaky feeling I might have
runtime problems.

Are there any caveats to the use of this option?
How would one know if it is safe to use for a given code base?

thx.