[avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-chat] ATTiniy 167 / Float

From: Haci Helluri
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-chat] ATTiniy 167 / Float
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 19:38:10 +0300

Hi,

I experienced a similar problem with attiny products. I think as soon as you use some function in math.h, the compiler copies a large portion (or maybe the whole) of the library into the RAM. I used register shifts and modulus algebra to avoid using those functions. Also,  the book titled Hacker's Delight helped me with some assembly tricks so I used some inline assembly where appropriate and forced the software inside the controller.

I would appreciate any further input on this though, seeing as how I'm no expert and would love to learn more tricks on doing math in limited memory space.

Norm