Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR environment on Solaris 10

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR environment on Solaris 10
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 22:56:03 +0100

Hi Anreas,

Thank you for trying. This seems not to encouraging.
But, at least this tool tests before it runs into unclear errors... ;-)

Let me remark, that some of those tools are not specially
needed by my builder, but more for the build process itself,
which may not be as appearent as it may seem. Thus,
as long as you do not have automake for example, you
will have a hard time getting the any avr toolchain
compiled if i remember correctly. The same applies for
libtool and some other guys.

On the other hand, it also can be that my version detection
mechnism does not work correctly on Solaris. Determining
the version of a program is difficult since the way programs
report their version numbers is different per program and (!)
different per operating system.

My advise would be to make sure you update/install
the tools that are to old/missing, since i guess you will
need most of them for a correct build anyway.
(With or without my script!) Since these are all pretty
standard tools, using whatever packet manager is used
for Solaris, this should be not to hard.

After that you can give it an other try. If you think you
do have a particular tool, contrary to what my builder
reports, (automake for example) try typing that on
the commandline, if it reports present, than my script
is not able to detect is somehow, and i must fix that first.

Succes.
Ruud.