Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard

From: Jens Bauer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard with gcc-4.2 (Solved)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:31:10 +0200

Hi Jörg and Bingo,

Thank you both for the replies.

I succeeded in building both my own AVR and ARM toolchains.

The key was "simply"...

1: Use gcc-4.2
2: Link to the gmp/mpfr/mpc sources from the gcc source directory
3: If compiling 4.3.0 <= GCC < 4.5.0, build the gmp/mpfr/mpc libraries too.
(gcc-4.2.4 do not need them, gcc-4.5.x and later do not need them built).

I'll take a look at the Codesourcery toolchain anyway, it might contain some
good hints and tips. :)
Maybe I can get Yagarto to build on my Mac too; if I succeed, I'll let Michael
know what I did. =)

Love,
Jens