Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard

From: Jens Bauer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard with gcc-4.2
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 20:15:38 +0200

Hi all,

Just a follow-up for those who gets stuck one day and searches...

>Just to make it completely clear to a nut like me...
>I do not need to do an actual build of GMP/MPFR/MPC before I build gcc ?

It seems that I *must* build the GMP/MPFR/MPC-libraries.

> make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> mkdir ./mpfr
> Configuring in ./mpfr
> configure: error: --target is not appropriate for GMP
> Use --build=CPU-VENDOR-OS if you need to specify your CPU and/or system
> explicitly.  Use --host if cross-compiling (see "Installing GMP" in the
> manual for more on this).
> make[1]: *** [configure-mpfr] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

This also happens, when I try to compile the ARM toolchain, so I'll try asking
on the gcc-help list instead.
If I succeed, I'll post the solution here; it might be helpful for other
platforms as well. ;)

Thank you to all those of you, who contributed so far. :)

Love,
Jens