avr-libc-corelib

Re: [Avr-libc-corelib] Any life out there?

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [Avr-libc-corelib] Any life out there?
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:33:08 +0100

Ruddick Lawrence wrote:
I, like Frederic, have also become busy (damn school), but I'm working on making a website to house those standards (and the rest of the documentation), which will be hosted on avr-libc's site.

Frederic, we should share what we have, because I suspect we're duplicating work.

That's what this mailing list is for!

Obviously with a project like this that is dependent on volunteers, there will be times when there is lots of activity on the list, and times when there is little. But if there is a period with no traffic, it is a good idea for the maintainers (or anyone else, I suppose - me included) to post /something/ on occasion. It's about moral, and encouraging enthusiasm and participation in the project, and avoiding people thinking the project has died.

mvh.,

David

If someone else wanted to create a proposed API for the first module (which I believe we decided to be SPI...), we can start going on actually making the library. The ideal API proposal would be a header file with Doxygen comments (since it will have to be that eventually anyway). I wouldn't worry about the standards too much for this one, since they're still being formalized, and it's not too much work to just change a header file to match them. If anyone (or group of people) would like to take this up, email the list to let us know of your intention. You can also refer to the previous threads for ideas that were bandied about.

Ruddick