Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: Patches to add mega325-3250-645-6450 to binutils

From: Dmitry K.
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: Patches to add mega325-3250-645-6450 to binutils and gcc.
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:48:13 +1000

On Friday 11 March 2005 08:05, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:
> > If Atmel makes it continue to grow like this, per-device libs build
> > time may become problematic... I still have this old P3-500 box here
> >
> > :)
>
> My idea was to build .o files that are known to still fit into the old
> avr2 through avr5 (6...7 -- tiny*13, mega256*) model only once, and
> just copy them over.  That should drastically speed up build for
> per-device libs.  (900 MHz Athlon here, a bit faster than your system,
> but not by an order of magnitude.)

It would be useful to have possibility of build "per-user-project" libs.
Advantages are:
   - think optimization adjustment
   - conditional compilation without extra functions (like printf_flt...)
   Also it is needed configuration: fast/ieee754 math, errno/without.
   - possibility (in future) of usage non-standart compiler's options
   (-ffixed-reg ...)

Dmitry.