Re: [avrdude-dev] 4.2.0 Release?

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] 4.2.0 Release?
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:40:44 +0200

On Thursday 28 August 2003 01:02, E. Weddington wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to suggest a 4.2.0 release, possibly during the week
> after Sept. 1 (on account of the US holiday).
>
> So far the only outstanding issue I can see are the warnings that
> need to be cleaned up. Any others?

I think fuse bits for AVR910 are still missing. I had posted a quick
patch on May 15th.
However, there are still two open questions:

1) What values should "avr910_cmd" return in res[0]?
I'm now returning "0x00". However, the value shouldn't matter, since
it is never used ;-(

2) How to detect a prommer that doesn't support "new universal
command"?  Comparing version against 2.x should work, but this is not
trivial, since the firmware-version is only known in
"avr910_initialize()".

BTW: "avr910_paged_write_flash()" doesn't check for version either;
and every firmware that supports "page write" also supports "new
universial command", IIRC.

And now the patch against latest CVS.

 Jan-Hinnerk