Re: [avrdude-dev] Windows Installer

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Windows Installer
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:19:11 +0100

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> Of note is the comment by James Hess. I recommend that anyone with
> upload permission please do not distribute signed files unless you plan
> to upload them since any file you have signed could be uploaded by
> anyone to any project you have upload rights to. We currently have no
> way of removing files from the download areas once they are in place.

Sigh.  This effectively means I can't use my regular PGP/GPG key for
it but have to create a new one.  Obviously, this one won't have any
trust except my own, because for sure, I won't start having it signed
by a number of different people as I did for my main key.  So in
effect, this measure is merely counterproductive in many ways.