Re: [avrdude-dev] Support for Futurlec AVR development boards

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Support for Futurlec AVR development boards
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:02:26 +0100

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 16:20, Brian Dean wrote:

> > One problem I noticed: AVRdude seems to leave MOSI low, even when
> > it finds it high. That's really strange, as AVRdude is supposed
> > to leave the port as it has found it - that's supposedly the
> > default behaviour.
>
> We'll have to look into this.

IMHO this is a good occasion to do some cleanup in the init, exit
code. I think there are a bit too much functions in the
PROGRAMMER-struct.

I'm volunteering for the avr910.part of the cleanup.

We have:
  open / close
  save / restore
  enable / disable
  powerup / powerdown
  initialize
  program_enable

Do we really need all these functions?

How about:
-  open/close
  open() does port open, save and _general_ programmer init
  close() does port restore and close

- enable/disable
  enable() does powerup, enable, _part_specific_ programmer init and
programming enable
  disable() does disable, powerdown

So we must just do:
- open()
- enable()
- do programming stuff
- disable()
- close()

For the powerup after write, we can do
- disable()
- enable()

I'm not very familiar with the way STK500 and PPI work, so please tell
me, if I have missed some special requirements.

Cheers
 Jan-Hinnerk