[avrdude-dev] LEDs (was: Support for Futurlec AVR development boards)

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: [avrdude-dev] LEDs (was: Support for Futurlec AVR development boards)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:52:01 +0100

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 19:12, Brian Dean wrote:

> Also, if we push all byte writing / reading, etc, down into each
> programmer's functions, we can then hide the explicity LED setting
> as well.  I think the only programmer that that applies to is the
> 'alf' programmer which is a PPI programmer, so those functions
> could become static within the PPI module.

The approach I described in my post from December 14th would move
allmost all functionality needed for PPI-programmers to the "default
programmer". So, the LEDs must be kept, if we do it this way.

How about abstracting the set/clear LED to a
display_programmer_state(). This way a programmer can choose how to
display certain states. Moreover, it would be easier to keep
LED-display consistent, if code is changed.
No more thinking like "Have I turned this LED off in that function?",
just do a "Here we are right now!" ;-)

However, this is not on my top priority list.

Cheers
  Jan-Hinnerk