Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: LEDs (was: Support for Futurlec AVR development bo

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: LEDs (was: Support for Futurlec AVR development boards)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:35:11 +0100

On Thursday 29 January 2004 03:41, Brian Dean wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 02:52:01AM +0100, Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
wrote:
> > How about abstracting the set/clear LED to a
> > display_programmer_state(). This way a programmer can choose how
> > to display certain states. Moreover, it would be easier to keep
> > LED-display consistent, if code is changed.
> > No more thinking like "Have I turned this LED off in that
> > function?", just do a "Here we are right now!" ;-)
>
> Sounds even better!  If someone invents a fancy programmer with an
> LCD display and speech output, we'll be ready :-)

I have thought about the LCD myself, but speech output didn't cross my
mind. This would be cool: You could do the programming in complete
darkness and still know if everything went right ;-)

I have done another little cleanup-patch to ease migration. This one
defines NOP default-functions for all LEDs and powerup/powerdown.
So these functions are now only used in pgm.[ch], par.c, avr.c and
main.c

I also fixed an error, I introduced in the patch yesterday: The
default_open had wrong type :-(

Cheers
 Jan-Hinnerk