Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom on Mac OSX

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom on Mac OSX
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:20:19 -0400

Kai Kaminski wrote:
> Besides most of it could be
> replaced by dummy functions (for example in
> sockio.lisp.pamphlet).

I tried to "import" localtime() from FreeBSD library: wrap it in a pamphlet
file, modify the src/lib/Makefile.pamphlet to include this and do a make clean
at top level. However, the Makefile in src/lib created this error:

17 making /users/wyscc/axiom--main--1/src/lib
Makefile 12: *** commands commence before first target. Stop.
make[2]: *** [libdir] Error 2
make[1]: *** [srcsetup] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I find modifying src/lib/Makefile.pamphlet (adding localtime.c.pamphlet) very
tedious -- I even put all the files in alphabetical order, resequence the echo
numbers, etc (see attached). Don't know why it didn't work. Perhaps Tim has some
tools to insert and delete c.pamphlet files without doing so manually, which is
error prone.

Tim wrote:
> Actually there is a MACOSX stanza in the Makefile.pamphlet file
> which should be extracted by just setting your AXIOM shell variable to:
>
> AXIOM=/Users/wyscc/mnt/MACOSX

I already did that, and I also tried the FreeBSD version. I am also working with
the newest download (September 2005), but it makes no difference even if I use
the April 2005 version.

Can someone point out how to "dummy" out these, I believe non-existing under
MacOSX, files to force the compile to continue? or replacement files? (for a
start, some version of localtime.c that wct.c would like.  MACOSX must have some
equivalent time functions.

William