RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: Doyen

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: Doyen
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:03:09 -0500

Jose,

I am sorry that it has taken me a little while to get back to you.

On January 5, 2006 1:04 PM you wrote:

> Dear Mr. Page,

Enough formality. Please just call me Bill. :)

> Thank you for the help. The fix that you gave me solved the error,
> together with moving axiom to the /usr/local directory. However,
> I am facing two new problems. The first one is that when I add a
> pamphlet file nothing appears. The page is created but it is blank.

Hmmm.... It is hard to for me to know what to suggest for this one.
I need more information.

What do you mean exactly by "blank"? Are the expected headers there?
Like 'pdf' 'dvi' .. 'log' ? (The 'log' link should display the log
output from LaTeX if LaTeX actually gets run.)

One thing you can do is take a look in your

  $ZopeInstance/var/LatexWiki

directory. This is where you will find the png images files generated
by LaTeX/ghostscript and also the .tex file (output of noweave) and
other related files. These should be generated when you click 'Save'.
Please let me know what you find there.

> The other one is that when I try to do axiom commands I get this
> error:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
> Module Products.LatexWiki.ReplaceInlineAxiom , line 65, in linebreak
> Module Products.LatexWiki.texbreaker, line 5, in ?
> ImportError

Actually this is encouraging because it means that Axiom has run
and internally produced some LaTeX output. Now MathAction is trying
to run the program that splits long long math output into multiple
lines.

> Axiom used to work in my previous version. Do not know if I changed
> something or if the two issues are related.

This is a new issue. Line 5 of 'texbreaker.py' is:

  import _texbreaker

The Python error message is telling you that it can't find the
line breaking library '_texbreaker.so' which is normally built by
the script 'texbreaker.mak'. See step 5b) in
http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/InstallingMathAction

Perhaps you forget this step?