[Axiom-developer] Re: Doyen

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Doyen
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:12:01 -0500

For the version of Zope I am using: zope-2.8.0-2.fc3.i386.rpm.

In my steps, I really never install ZWiki 0.35, I actually just
download ZWiki and LatexWiki from your repository. I guess
this is okay, because Latex and Axiom work fine for me.

Now the pamphlet problem, to be specific, let's say I make
a new page [Test] Pamphlet Test. When I go to the edit form
and put the pamphlet here, if I hit save or preview, I get this
error:

http://141.149.49.72:8080/Toolbox3/PamphletSandox

It seems like something in the scripts is pointhing to the
wrong location.

You can see that Download: pdf dvi ps src tex log
all of them point to a location that was never created.

Regards,

Jose Alfredo Perez

On 1/23/06, Page, Bill <address@hidden> wrote:
Alfredo on Monday, January 23, 2006 5:16 PM you wrote:

> I have a concern regarding the instructions in
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/InstallingMathAction
> on how to install AxiomWiki.
>
> The first thing is that if I follow the instructions,
> ZWiki does not appear in Zope products (meaning, I cannot
> add the ZWiki pages).

What version of Zope and ZWiki are you using? The instructions
above assume 0.35 of both.

Bob McElrath's repository:

    darcs get http://bob.mcelrath.org/darcs/latexwiki

is no longer at version 0.35 and may not be compatible with more
recent versions of ZWiki. For the instructions to work I think
you would need to download these specific versions.

  http://zwiki.org/repos/ZWiki/releases/ZWiki-0.35.0.tgz

and

  http://mcelrath.org/LatexWiki-0.35.tar.gz

> However, if I change the steps to download ZWiki and latexwiki
> from your repository at:
>  http://page.axiom-developer.org/repository/,
> then it works fine (Axiom - Latex inline rendering works).

I think the repository is based on the compatible 0.35 versions
of ZWiki and LatexWiki together with the changes that I made for
MathAction, so your procedure is reasonable but you will not be
able to take advantage of improvements to ZWiki and LatexWiki
that were made in later versions by the developers of these
products. (At the moment, neither can MathAction :(

On the other hand, if you start with later compatible version
of both of these packages at least the LatexWiki functionality
should work, but merging in the changes for MathAction will
be more complicated then just overwriting the files specified
in the instructions. It would be better to diff the files and
make changes more carefully.

> However, the problem with the pamphlet files is present.

Could you describe the problem with pamphlet files?

  To be more precise these are my steps in the Doyen CD:

  wget
http://alfredo.axiom-developer.org/redhatbuild/pkgs/LocalFS-1.3-andreas.
tar.gz

  wget
http://alfredo.axiom-developer.org/redhatbuild/pkgs/doyenLatexWiki.tar.g

  tar -xzf LocalFS-1.3-andreas.tar.gz -C
/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/

  tar -xzf latexwiki.tar.gz -C /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/

I think you meant: doyenLatexWiki.tar.gz above?

I don't like the location where you install these products.
Newer versions of Zope usually recommend that you install
products in the "instance" directory rather than the global
Products directory. The instance directory is created when
you run 'mkzopeinstance.py' as part of the Zope installation.

  yum -y install swig

  yum -y install gcc

  yum -y upgrade python

  yum -y install python-devel

  cd /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/LatexWiki

  swig -python texbreaker.i

  gcc -fpic -c \
    texbreaker.c texbreaker_wrap.c -I/usr/include/python2.3

  ld -shared texbreaker.o texbreaker_wrap.o -o _texbreaker.so

  /etc/init.d/zope start

> Have in mind that the doyenLatexWiki.tar.gz is just a tar
> file containing ZWiki and LatexWiki from the repository.

This should be ok.

> I do not know if somebody can confirm that the instructions
> are not working, and if somebody tried them, can somebody
> confirm that the support for pamphlet files works.

I will try it later when I get more time.