Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: User interface,TeXmacs and Axiom

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: User interface,TeXmacs and Axiom
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:04:31 +0200

On 04/13/2006 10:01 PM, C Y wrote:
--- "Page, Bill" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:41 PM Antoine Hersen wrote:
The candidates :
+ My big favorite imaxima :
http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/imaxima/Site/Welcome.html

Why :
Emacs work everywhere, with extensive menu an icon it is
not that scary.
+1

Yes, I think such a tool for Axiom would be great!

Who can we get to work on this?

I'm poking at it a little, but I'm not planning on adding the graphical
output of Imaxima for quite a while - that's non-trivial and I'm not
sure it works on Windows.

I've browsed a bit through it... and to me Imath looks somewhat similar to preview-latex (http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex).

Maybe if Axioms TeX output is rendered via preview-latex it would give the same result. (Sorry, I have no idea how to do this.)

And another remark... Many of us are (X)Emacs users, but you cannot expect from an ordinary Axiom User to know all the Emacs stuff. So we should not force users to learn Emacs if they just want to use Axiom.

Ralf