Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: User interface,TeXmacs and Axiom

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: User interface,TeXmacs and Axiom
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:15:32 +0200

On 04/13/2006 11:06 PM, Pierre Doucy wrote:
Even if diversity is a good thing, Bob has a point.
That's very good news if people want to hack stuff around Axiom, but
it there is not a clear line, like an official GUI, an official SCM,
etc...

I must admit that Axiom's offering is confusing. I don't think
newcomers (and people in general) like to have the choice. The first
time I came across axiom, I wanted a quick way to give it a try, not
having to make endless decisions without really knowing which is best.

You get my support. In the mail where I suggested to create a website with all the different SCM's and how to get and work on Axiom, it should clearly be stated which one it the preferred method.

We now have already something with Gold and Silver, but it's not yet written clearly somewhere except (a bit) on

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxActiveAxiomDevelopers

but that is surely not the right place for it.

Ralf