[Axiom-developer] Doyen cd with French

From: michel . lavaud
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Doyen cd with French
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:26:11 +0200

Hello,

I tried to use the Doyen Cd, and I met the following problems:

- The password address@hidden is not trivial - first to remember and next to
type with a
French keyboard : one has to type Shift+2 to get @, and so "doyenShift+2org" in
order to be able to select the French keyboard, and the keys typed appear as
asterisks of course (since one has to enter the root password to be able to
change
keyboard). I would suggest to hit just Enter, if it is possible ? Otherwise, at
least write
the password in the Doyen-Wiki, with the set of keys to be typed on a French
(and
other languages) keyboard, in order to change keyboard config. I think the Doyen
wiki is a natural place to look (at least it is where I looked !). But the
password was
not there (or is it somewhere I did not find?), and I had to find it on another
PC, in
archived mails of the axiom-developer list. A bit complicated, and probably
almost
impossible to find for a newcomer to Axiom?.

- For next releases, I wonder if it would not be better to use Knoppix for the
core,
instead of Fedora ? My PCs are networked to Internet through an ADSL modem-
router, and Knoppix found it so I was able to connect to Internet without any
additional configuration. With the Doyen CD, I could not connect to Internet
and the
adress of the modem-router was detected incorrectly as first DNS address
(instead
of gateway, as correctly found by Knoppix).

- The Doyen CD does not recognize hard disks with ntfs partitions (cannot read)
while Knoppix is able to read them.

But maybe there are other PC configs that Fedora would analyze correctly but not
Knoppix, so it is more a question than a suggestion. Or maybe there are now
newer
Fedora (I used the latest Knoppix, dated 2 june 2006).

Anyway, despite these problems, very nice job, thanks a lot !
Best wishes,

address@hidden
http://www.univ-orleans.fr/EXT/ASTEX
ftp://ftp.univ-orleans.fr/pub/tex/PC/AsTeX
liste de discussion: address@hidden
Abonnement à la liste: envoyer un message de contenu
"sub astex Nom Prenom Etablissement" à address@hidden