[Axiom-developer] Re: Build-Improvements

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Build-Improvements
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:56:35 +0200

Hi Gaby,

| Now the "re-copying of the .svn directory"-problem is no problem anymore.

This is great news!

That is revision 75 now in branches/build-improvements

| There were some problems with pamphlet files, in particular bookvol1
| and some others.

Yes, bookvol1 has issues I could not solve last night (because of lack
of time and I was tired).

Me too, actually, I hope I did not make a mistake somewhere.
But before other people could check out and test build-improvements, you should merge with trunk. I have deliberately not put the unescaped "&" problem that appears in src/input/zimmer.input.pamphlet since I have seen that you have already committed a fix to trunk.

| I really wonder what silver/trunk actually is. It is not Gold, since
| that "just works" and would not have latex problems.

To my mind, it is what we agreed on last april.

But is silver/trunk now identical to Tim's "gold-to-be" branch?

yes, please put it there.  Add brief descriptions of changes in the
corresponding ChangeLog files.

Done. But cannot we also use SVN to generate the ChangeLog file from the SVN log? Or is this not common practice?

Hope things work out fine now. The build process needs a lot of clean up. It is very hard for a human to understand the relation of the makefiles.

Ralf