[Axiom-developer] axiom tutorial online

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] axiom tutorial online
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 22:27:12 -0400

Tim,

> On August 4, 2006 5:15 PM you wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to put the tutorial online where it can be
> > edited?

On August 4, 2006 6:09 PM Bill Page wrote

On August 4, 2006 7:19 PM you wrote:

> src/doc/bookvol1.pamphlet

Oh, that tutorial! :)

But ???

All of the original book volumes have been online and on the Axiom
Wiki as editable pamphlet files since about October last year when
I first implemented pamphlet file support on MathAction.

See:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/book--main--1

Volume 1 is here:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/book--main--1/Bookvol1

The most recent comment was by Frithjof Schulze just yesterday.
He wrote:

Working drafts ? --Frithjof Schulze, Thu, 03 Aug 2006 08:58:37

On ../AxiomDocumentation it says that this are working drafts.
Doesn't that mean that it are the newest versions? I was reading
the tutorial and thought about changing some things. Later I saw
that in Axiom Silver there is a newer and better version of the
tutorial. Does it make any sense to work on this one?

------------

Unfortunately it seems that no one beside me was subscribed to
to the book--main--1 wiki page.

Apparently it has not been kept up to date with the version in
the source distribution. :(

But perhaps you will recall that work I did with

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/book--main--1/Endpaper3

involving GraphViz with hyperref links to the source?

----------

I thought you meant something like the tutorial that was done by
NAG in Texplorer. I remember now that way back in the early days
I did prepare a TeXmacs version of that tutorial by importing the
original tex source and then editing back in the actual Axiom
commands.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/axiom/tutorial.tgz.gz

The pdf version of this tutorial is here:

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/axiom/tutorial.pdf

I think it could be easily adapted for use as a set of easialy
updated tutorial web pages on the wiki.