RE: [Axiom-developer] I would like to work

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] I would like to work
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 22:40:22 -0400

Tim,

On August 4, 2006 5:18 PM you wrote:

> This is the right place.
>
> Feel free to post changes to the tutorial. Beginner's mind
> eyes are always welcome.
>
> At the moment, the way to get changes into the main path is to
> post patch files. the sequence, for a file Foo, is
>
> cp Foo Foo.org
> (edit Foo, save changed file)
> diff -Naur Foo.org Foo >Foo.patch
> post the patch file

I guess we really do live in different worlds, don't we ... :(
See my previous email about the

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/book--main--1

pamphlet files. All of these volumes can be updated directly through
the web. We can create diffs of these against the versions in the
current source distribution and vice versa. Maybe we could even
hack together a good way to make periodic automatic commits from
one to the other.

Right now the version on the web is about 9 months old and was
based on the tla archive by the same name. I don't know the status
of that archive relative to the versions of similar files in the
axiom--main--1 source distribution.

I guess we should make some kind of effort to coordinate this
and make sure everything is upto date and in sync before deciding
how best to proceed with large scale edits. No?